The Student Success Coach Associate works under the direction of the Student Success Program Manager. This is an entry level position. You will be responsible for assisting throughout the entire student experience, your main focus will be on Student Career / Professional Development and Job Placement. We are looking for an organized, student-focused individual to welcome and coach students and help them prepare and start their new careers in tech.
Your primary objective is to help students land a tech position.
- Forward-facing Representative – Assist Career Services staff in implementing various programs/events from introducing prospective students into We Can Code IT through Graduation, Demo Day, and beyond.
- Administrator – Provide administrative support on student and employer facing efforts including scheduling, logistics, and data recording and tracking.
- Coach & Counselor – Assist SSC with coaching students and graduates through the entire job search process. One on one assistance with providing guidance and feedback on resumes, LinkedIn profiles, networking, and interviewing. Provide some one-on-one coaching individually to students in various programs.
- Content Delivery – With support from Program Manager, deliver Career Services in class sessions and content to in person cohort
- Community Engagement Assistant – Directly assist SSC with engaging new employer and community partners, and maintaining existing relationships, to increase job leads for students and graduates.
- Risk Management – Track student progress and highlight to teammates and stakeholders when a student is not doing well or falling out of communication. Also, ensure that we are putting quality, qualified grads into our community.
- 1 to 2 years’ experience in staffing and/or recruiting experience.
- Experience within the tech industry, STEM, or working with employer and community partners is a plus.
- Very high emotional intelligence; able to empathize with others and can handle other people’s stress.
- Highly organized and comfortable with data analysis.
- Comfortable engaging students both in group and one-on-one settings. Must be able to navigate tough conversations and difficult topics with students in an efficient and timely manner.
- Able to confidently give constructive, positive feedback to people of diverse professional and life backgrounds.
- Awareness of job market and breadth of opportunities.
- Resourceful and self-directed.