We Can Code IT is the leading coding bootcamp with a focus on inclusion and diversity in technology.We take pride in delivering engaging, personalized, and immersive experiences. Our innovative approach to technology education gives students the confidence to succeed as software developers, web developers, programmers, and analysts. We call ourselves a coding bootcamp, but we do much more than just teach people how to code; we help students become a skilled and creative software developers ready to start a new career and life. We empower students.
The Associate Instructor will assist We Can Code IT instructors both in the classroom and during lesson prep.
Some of the things you’ll be doing include…
- In the classroom
- With support from other instructors, plan and deliver classroom exercises
- Function as an additional instructional resource to the students
- Help manage the learning environment
- Outside the classroom
- Answer student questions in person and online
- Schedule and lead tutoring
- Record attendance and topics discussed
- Advise individuals attending the program
- Instruct students on topics missed during absences
- Guide students who are in remediation
- Track students’ progress through the requirements for remediation
- Offer assistance on topics in competency requirements
- Assist instructor in creating and grading assignments and quizzes
- Collaborate with instructor on assessing students current skill level
- Communicate with other team members and students regularly to ensure the success of We Can Code IT and our students.
- Provide input on curriculum changes
- Maintain skills in We Can Code IT’s technology stack
- Lead with We Can Code IT’s mission and values in mind
- Other duties as assigned.
Who you are….
- Excellent Communicator. You are kind, fun, resourceful, and an advocate for all students. You can read a room well and help students be forthright in expressing any concerns. You are not afraid to speak up and are thoughtful about your verbal and non-verbal communication.
- Experienced. 2 or more years’ experience computer programming.
- Technical . You have technical skills across various technologies and are familiar with some of the following:
- Java (required)
- Team Player.You have an entry level to mid–level coder who isn’t arrogant. You want everyone else around you to be respected and honored for their amazing skills. You thrive on the success of others and of the group. You mentor junior talent so they see their own strengths. You don’t let balls drop and do what needs to be done to with teammates to deliver the best accelerated computer science education around.
- Creative Facilitator. Your goal isn’t to show students how smart you are, but to break things down for them in real-world examples. You facilitate students’ learning instead of lecture. You model best behaviors. You creatively come up with ways to explain concepts based on students’ backgrounds and learning styles. You provide many styles of instruction. You love to mentor students to be their best. You understand that education is not just about learning the technical details, but also supporting students from an emotional standpoint as they enter into a new phase of their lives.
- Energetic and Enthusiastic. You passionately believe in our mission to bring inclusion and diversity to tech, and won’t settle on mediocre results.
- Provide pre-enrollment support. You lead coding workshops and interview potential students prior to their acceptance into our computer programming intensive coding bootcamps