Join the team that is changing the face of tech and increasing diverse tech talent in the communities where we teach. Moving from fast-paced start-up to strategic growth, we are maturing as an organization and are searching for a Student Success Coach Associate. This vital team member will be a strategic thinker, gifted in building and maintaining relationships, well-versed in business and technology, precise in their execution, and relentlessly driven to help our team and students succeed.
The Student Success Coach Associate works under the direction of the Student Success Program Manager. Responsible for assisting throughout the entire student matriculation, your main focus will be on Student Career / Professional Development and Job Placement. We are looking for an organized, student-focused individual to welcome and coach students throughout their time with us and, most importantly, help them prepare and start their new careers in tech. Your primary objective is to help students land a tech position.
- Assist Career Services staff in implementing various programs/events from introducing prospective students into We Can Code IT through Graduation, Demo Day, and beyond.
- Provide administrative support on student and employer facing efforts including scheduling, logistics, and data recording and tracking.
- Assist with coaching students and graduates through the entire job search process. Which includes one-on-one assistance with providing guidance and feedback on resumes, LinkedIn profiles, networking, and interviewing.
- Provide one-on-one coaching individually to students in various programs.
- Deliver Career Services in class sessions and content to in-person cohort with support from the manager,
- Directly assist manager with engaging new employer and community partners, and maintaining existing relationships, to increase job leads for students and graduates.
- Track student progress and highlight to teammates and stakeholders when a student is not doing well or falling out of communication. Also, ensure that we are putting quality, qualified grads into our community.
- 2 – 5 years of counseling/coaching/education experience.
- Experience within the tech industry, STEM, or working with employer and community partners is a plus.
- Very high emotional intelligence; able to empathize with others and can handle other people’s stress.
- Highly organized and data conscious.
- Comfortable engaging students both in group and one-on-one settings.
- Must be able to navigate tough conversations and difficult topics with students. Able to confidently give constructive, positive feedback to students of diverse professional and life backgrounds.
- Awareness of current job market conditions and breadth of opportunities that may be available to students.
- Ability to travel between campuses.