We Can Code IT is the leading coding bootcamp with a focus on inclusion and diversity in technology. We take pride in delivering engaging, personalized, and immersive experiences. Our innovative approach to technology education gives students the confidence to succeed as software developers, web developers, programmers, and analysts. We call ourselves a coding bootcamp, but we do much more than just teach people how to code; we help students become a skilled and creative software developers ready to start a new career and life. We empower adult students.
Excellent opportunity for those in the field who want to share their experience and knowledge with future developers. The classes occur every other weekend and some evenings are required. This is a part-time contracting role.
Some of the things we’ll expect from our Contractor…
· Coach and guide adult students from diverse backgrounds through challenging coursework with interactive, in-classroom instruction in Java, OO, MVC (Spring), and web development during our weekend code jams, taking place twice per month.
· Monitor Slack and GitHub remotely and communicate with students on progress, needs, blockers.
· Host virtual tutoring sessions one evening per week to connect with students as they build out projects.
· Actively mentor students and meet individually with students to discuss goals, progress and performance.
· Communicate with the education team to assess student progress and map out student success strategies.
· Manage the classes via GitHub repositories.
· Grade students fairly and identify areas for improvement.
· Assist in inclusion efforts so all students feel accepted in the tech field.
As a contractor you must have the following experience:
- Communication Skills: You can communicate effectively to students and We Can Code IT employees. You are kind, fun, resourceful, and an advocate for all students. You can read a room well and help students be forthright in expressing any concerns.
- Experienced: 5 or more years’ experience computer programming field and 3 or more years experience teaching or training adults