We Can Code IT is the leading coding bootcamp with a focus on inclusion and diversity in technology.We take pride in delivering engaging, personalized, and immersive experiences. Our innovative approach to technology education gives students the confidence to succeed as software developers, web developers, programmers, and analysts. We call ourselves a coding bootcamp, but we do much more than just teach people how to code; we help students become a skilled and creative software developers ready to start a new career and life. We empower students!
Some of the things you’ll be doing include…
- Coach and guide adult students from diverse backgrounds through challenging coursework with interactive, in-classroom instruction in Java, OO, MVC (Spring), and web development
- Actively Mentor students and meet individually with students to discuss goals, progress and performance
- Communicate daily with associate instructors to assess student progress and map out student success strategies
- Assist in development of new curriculum material (In between cohorts and as deemed necessary by our Lead Instructor team)
- Contribute to campus success by leading various workshops and local campus events (average 2 evenings a month)
- Keep abreast of the latest and greatest technologies and educational concepts
- Manage your classes Github repositories
- Grade students fairly and identify areas for improvement
- Assist in inclusion efforts so all students feel accepted in the tech field
Who you are…
- Excellent Communicator. You are kind, fun, resourceful, and an advocate for all students. You can read a room well and help students be forthright in expressing any concerns. You are not afraid to speak up and are thoughtful about your verbal and non-verbal communication.
- Experience. 5 or more years’ experience computer programming.
- Highly Technical. You have strong technical skills across various technologies and are masterful at:
- Java (required)
- Team Player. You are an amazing coder who isn’t arrogant. You want everyone else around you to be respected and honored for their amazing skills. You thrive on the success of others and of the group. You mentor junior talent so they see their own strengths. You don’t let balls drop and do what needs to be done to with teammates to deliver the best accelerated computer science education around.
- Creative Facilitator. Your goal isn’t to show students how smart you are, but to break things down for them in real-world examples. You facilitate students’ learning instead of lecture. You model best behaviors. You creatively come up with ways to explain concepts based on students’ backgrounds and learning styles. You provide many styles of instruction. You love to mentor students to be their best. You understand that education is not just about learning the technical details, but also supporting students from an emotional standpoint as they enter into a new phase of their lives.
- Energetic and Enthusiastic. You passionately believe in our mission to bring inclusion and diversity to tech, and won’t settle on mediocre results.
- Provide pre-enrollment support. You will support prospective students by leading coding workshops and interviewing them prior to their acceptance into our computer programming intensive coding bootcamps