Coding Bootcamp Lead Instructor (Cleveland, Part-time / M-Th Evenings)November 22, 2016
Cierra Starts a New Career as a Mobile DeveloperNovember 23, 2016
Associate Web Development / Java Instructor
We Can Code IT is the leading coding bootcamp with a focus on inclusion and diversity in technology. Our highly selective, world-class code academy is in search of our newest member. This position is for a junior associate front-end programming instructor/facilitator at our Columbus, OH campus.
Apply by sending cover letter and resume, along with the title of this position to email@example.com.
- Work with diverse students to engage them in fun, interactive in-person computer science instruction
- Provide pre-enrollment support for prospective students by leading free coding workshops and interviewing them prior to their acceptance into our computer programming intensive coding bootcamps.
- Maintain expertise in programming skill.
- Keep abreast of the latest and greatest technologies and educational concepts
- Work towards constantly improving curriculum
- Manage your classes’ Github repositories
- Grade students fairly and identify areas for improvement
- Manage your cohort’s attendance
- Give students consistent and constructive feedback on their performance, ensuring they understand their strengths and areas to improve
- Assist the senior instructors, paying special attention to individual students’ needs so they are addressed appropriately
- Assist in inclusion efforts so all students feel accepted in the tech field
- Communicate with students via phone, email, Slack, face-to-face and web meetings to help them through challenges they are facing
- Communicate daily with senior instructors to assess student progress and map out student success strategies
- Be a student advocate and liaison
- Backup the administration and senior instruction staff as needed
Does this describe you?
- Excellent Communicator. You speak English fluently and are easy to understand. You are kind, fun, resourceful, and an advocate for all students. You can read a room well and help students be forthright in expressing any concerns. You are not afraid to speak up and are thoughtful about your verbal and non-verbal communication.
- Energetic. You can keep people’s attention!
- Technical . You know how to communicate your knowledge in:
- Team Player. You are a great dev whose first priority is the wellness of the team. You want everyone else around you to be respected and honored for their amazing skills. You thrive on the success of others and of the group. You mentor students so they see their own strengths. You meet deadlines effectively and do what needs to be done with teammates to deliver the best accelerated computer science education around.
- Creative Facilitator. Your goal isn’t to show students how smart you are, but to break things down for them in real-world examples. You facilitate students’ learning instead of lecture. You model best behaviors. You creatively come up with ways to explain concepts based on students’ backgrounds and learning styles. You provide many styles of instruction. You let your ego go in order to mentor students to be their best. You understand that education is not just about learning the technical details, but also supporting students from an emotional standpoint as they enter into a new phase of their lives.
- Energetic and Enthusiastic. You passionately believe in our mission to bring inclusion and diversity to tech, and won’t settle for mediocre results.
If you meet or exceed our requirements, we invite you to try out for our team. Start the process by sending us your resume and optional cover letter.
This is a contract to hire position.
Applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S.
Job Type: Contract
- Knowledge of Java strongly preferred.
Job Type: Full-time
- Java: 2 years
- CSS3: 3 years
- HTML 5: 3 years
Apply by sending this position’s title, along with your resume and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.